Another skinny treat to keep your waist-lined in shape.
Whole wheat oat flour, low-fat buttermilk with fat-free sour cream. I love sour cream it always add a extra flavor to anything. It makes muffins moist without the fat.
Prep time 15 mins
Bake time 15-20 mins
Makes about 6 muffins
- Vegetable oil cooking spray
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons fat-free sour cream
- 2 tablespoons lowfat buttermilk
- 1/2 cup oat bran
- 1/3 cup whole-wheat flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups mashed banana (about 3 medium)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen, unsweetened
1.Heat oven to 375º. Coat a standard muffin pan with cooking spray. Whisk egg, sour cream and buttermilk in a bowl. Mix oat bran, flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a second bowl.
2.Combine banana and sugar in a third bowl. Stir in buttermilk mixture. Sprinkle in flour mixture and stir gently.
3. Fold in blueberries and zest, if desired. Fill muffin cups 3/4 full with batter. Bake until an inserted toothpick comes out clean, 15 to 20 minutes.