Get your ice cream makers ready, because you are gonna want to make this delicious homemade snickers ice cream ! This chocolatey homemade chocolate ice cream recipe has cocoa, bittersweet chocolate and chopped Snickers . It will definitely satisfy you chocolate needs !
Makes : 11-13 serving
Prep. Time : 20-25 mins
Overall Time : 2 hrs-2 hrs-45 mins.
- 1 1/3 cups sugar
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 3 1/2 cups 2% reduced-fat milk, divided
- 3 large egg yolks
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 2 1/2 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 bag of chopped bite-size snickers
- 1. Combine 1 1/3 cups sugar and 1/3 cup cocoa in a medium, heavy saucepan over medium-low heat, stirring well with a whisk.Stir in 1/2 cup milk and egg yolks. Stir in remaining 3 cups milk. Cook 12 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat.
- 2.Place half-and-half in a medium microwave-safe bowl; microwave at high 1 1/2 minutes or until half-and-half boils.
- Add 2 1/2 ounces chocolate; stir until smooth. Stir half-and-half mixture into milk mixture. Place pan in a large ice-filled
- bowl. Cool completely, stirring occasionally.
- 3.Pour mixture into the freezer can of an ice-cream freezer; freeze according to manufacturer’s instructions. Spoon ice
- cream into a freezer-safe container. Take chopped snickers and stir into ice cream. Cover and freeze 1 hour or until
firm. Place into serving dish and serve. save a little bit of the snickers and use for garnish.