Thirsty Tuesday’s: Lemon-Blueberry Sweet Tea
This drink is perfect mix of tart and sweet. I do love the tart side as well as the sweet. You can a little bourbon in for date night . I love spiked drinks .Garnish anyway you want . Enjoy.
- (12-oz.) package frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 family-size tea bags
- 3/4 cup sugar
- Garnishes: fresh blueberries, lemon rind strips
- 1. Bring blueberries and lemon juice to a boil in a large saucepan over medium heat; cook, stirring occasionally, 5
- minutes. Remove from heat; pour through a wire-mesh strainer into a bowl, using back of a spoon to squeeze out juice.Discard solids and rinse saucepan clean.
- 2. Bring 4 cups water to a boil in same saucepan; add 3 tea bags; let stand 5 minutes. Discard tea bags.
- Stir in sugar and blueberry juice mixture. Pour into a pitcher; cover and chill 1 hour. Serve over ice.Garnish, if desired.