It”s Oreo week here and I so excited.Since I’m a serious Oreo addict, I decided to dedicate a whole week . I can’t keep oreo’s in my house there are usually gone within an hour or two. And nobody wants to admit that they ate a whole row. I hope you will enjoy my recipes this week.
- 1 cup Unbleached Pastry flour or Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2-3 tablespoons buttermilk
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons water
1 container of vanilla frosting
12 crushed Oreo cookies
1) Whisk together all of the dry ingredients in a medium-sized mixing bowl.
2) In a separate bowl, beat the eggs, oil and water until foamy.
3) Pour the liquid ingredients all at once into the dry ingredients and stir just until combined.
4) Butter or grease the doughnut pan; non-stick pan spray works . Fill each doughnut form half full. You can also pipe it into pan.
5) Bake the doughnuts in a preheated 375°F oven for 10 to 12 minutes. When done, they’ll spring back when touched lightly, and will be quite brown on the top.
6) Remove the doughnuts from the oven, remove them from the pan, and allow them to cool on rack.
7.Spoon frosting in microwaveable bowl and heat for 8-10 seconds and take out and set aside.
8. Crush oreos so that until you see chunks. You don’t want fine crumbs, you want chunks.
9.Spoon frosting on top of each doughnut, then lightly pack Oreo chunks over each doughnut. Serve when ready.